When purchasing a home, you are faced with a multitude of decisions! The first one is "are you actually prepared to buy a home?" Finding the perfect home is can be challenging, along with the complex process of securing a mortgage loan. However, once you have made the decision to move forward and commit the effort necessary to find the home of your dreams, the rewards are unquestionable.
I will be right at your side, making sure that the process is simple, enjoyable, timeous and cost-effective. I will ensure that you are perceived by sellers as a preferred buyer by being prepared. I will help you locate and assess properties that match your specs, and I will guide and support you through the actual purchase process.
I am equipped to help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition. My experience in the Vancouver market enables me to estimate the actual value of a property in all neighbourhoods. I also always keep myself up to date with homes that are on the current market.
Your first step when buying a home is to ask yourself, WHY?
Do you want to stop paying rent and start building equity? Is it time to have a place of your own, raise a family, entertain more, or do you simply need a bigger house?
The next thing is to make a list of the kind of home you would like and where you would like it to be. Be specific because it is essential to separate the "must-haves" from the "want-to-haves." This is to zero in on your target - going from the general to the specific.
Consider the following:
- Area - (city, suburban neighbourhood, country)
- Community - (north, south, east, or west side)
- Neighbourhood (older and settled or sparkling new)
- A particular school zone or recreational facilities and community services such as transportation, day care, library, stores, entertainment.
- Ask yourself how many minutes you are willing to commute to work.
- Think about home styles.
- How much space do you need?
- Does your situation require a one-level home, or are stairs acceptable? Consider size and kind of property.
- Do you want a newer home, or maybe an older one to fix up?
- Someday you or your heirs will want to sell, so consider how long you expect to live in this particular home.
Once you have addressed the above needs, your next step in the purchasing process is to get pre-qualified with a mortgage company. This can be done over the phone or even online in a matter of minutes. Give me a call, and I will refer you to a mortgage professional with an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
When you are pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I will work with the MLS to help you determine which properties fit your needs. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
And, it doesn't end there because I will help you complete your financing your inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, successful and that you are happy with your purchase.
I will help you every step of the way.